Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thanks to My Trainer Noel For Preparing Me Properly for the Maccabi Games

The day after arriving home, I headed over to the JCC with a priced piece of schwag. I had managed to trade a few jerseys for a second USA Team jacket. These were a hot commodity throughout the games. To show my gratitude to my trainer, Noel Washington, I presented him with the second warm-up jacket. The smile on his face was priceless as we high-fived! Our 75 one hour training sessions in the six months prior to these games had payed off for me. He helped me get so fit and strong that I was able to endure the rigors of the tournament without injury or fatigue. Even until the last minute of the last game, I ran my heart out trying to get the Maccabiah medal that has now eluded me for the fourth time. This fourth place finish was the closest we have gotten and I know that next time, we will get that medal once and for all. I advised Noel that after a well deserved week off, we would start training for the 19th Maccabiah only 18 months away in July 2013.

No comments: